Boyhood home of Civil War general and President Ulysses S. Grant in Georgetown, Ohio. Grant lived here from 1823 to 1839. Jesse R. Grant, his father, built the original part fronting Water Street in 1824 and later built an addition fronting Main Cross Street, now Grant Avenue. The National Register property was restored by Mr. and Mrs. John Ruthven in 1982. At that time, it was designated a National Historic Landmark. It is now the property of the state of Ohio and is maintained by the U.S. Grant Homestead Association.